When we say, "whole process", we're referring to the time it takes when a DreamHome Representative first inspects your home, all the way to receiving the final check from insurance in order to pay DreamHome in full.
Here's the basic timeline of events you can expect:
1. DreamHome Representative shows up to inspect your home. If damage is found, they will walk you through the claim filing process.
2. Within 3-15 days, the adjuster will schedule the joint inspection between he and the DreamHome Project Manager. This will last about 1hour. Once complete, we will have the results, whether or not the insurance company will be agreeing to replace the items in question. (This stage may take longer if the storm was labeled a Catastrophe event, which means the adjusters will be overloaded).
3. Within 3-15 days after the adjuster meeting takes place, you will receive the Scope of Work in the mail or via email, along with the first check from insurance. Once this arrives, if you haven't already, schedule a time to pick out your styles and colors with your Project Manager. (This stage also could take longer if it's a catastrophe event).
4. Once the colors and styles are chosen, DreamHome will schedule your install within two to three weeks. Or, if needed, we can make it a priority and bump you up in the schedule.
5. The roof installation typically takes only a single day. Our crews can replace approximately 40 SQs in a day. If needed, we can put two crews for extra large roofs to still complete in 1-2 days. Once the roof is complete, the first payment is due, as we don't accept any money until the roof is done and you are satisfied.
6. Once work is complete, we will submit all paperwork to the insurance company for them to release any depreciation they withheld, and to release and supplemental payments if unexpected items were discovered once the roof was torn off. This will take anywhere from 1-4 weeks for all monies to sent by the insurance company. If a mortgage company is involved and needing to endorse any checks, this can further delay this stage.
7. Once checks are received from insurance, you're able to pay DreamHome's invoice in full, and you'll receive your warranty paperwork via email or snail mail from DreamHome and from the shingle manufacturer.
And that's a wrap! Best case scenario, the whole process can be completed in 21 days. If insurance adjusters are behind on work, it can take up to 90 days! We will do our best to expedite the process and to take as much of the workload off your shoulders. It's our goal to make this a Dream remodeling project, not a frustrating insurance claim.
Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your Project Manager or call the office at 1-800-880-4018.
Thanks for reading!